Need editing help?
I offer three main types of editing services:
Start: Designed for writers who are still working through the concept or outline of their project, this package includes developmental assistance, including consultation calls if desired. Starting at $195.
Refine: This is the full package for the writer who has completed a first or second draft of a project. I'll review organization and style along with spelling and grammar, consistency, and clarity. Includes an optional second round of edits. Starting at $150.
Finish: For the confident writer who wants a second set of eyes on their work. I'll check spelling and grammar, consistency, and clarity. Includes one round of edits, starting at $56.
Have questions about freelance writing? Wondering what to do next? Struggling to turn an idea into a pitch? Thinking about starting a podcast?
Schedule a mini consultation with me. For $45, I'll review your resume, LOI, clips or pitch before we chat by video or phone for 30 minutes. Click the image above to schedule an appointment!
Project highlights include:
- Edited The No Spend Challenge Guide, a 90+ page ebook, for a well-known personal finance blogger (2017).
- Edited Get Better Clients and Earn More Money, an ebook with more than 40 pages, while serving as managing editor of The Write Life (2016).
- Researched and wrote two multi-section reports for a ghostwriting client; resources included U.S. Census Bureau and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data, among other academic sources.
- Cowrote Starting Your Creative Business The Right Way, the ebook version of a class on how to survive as a business owner in Washington, D.C.
- Created a style guide for a Washington, D.C.-based, youth-focused nonprofit to establish branding guidelines and best practices for social media channels.
- Why Freelance Writers Need to Talk About Money, And How to Do It Without Feeling Like a Sleazeball — American Society of Journalists and Authors, 2018 annual conference, May 2018
- It's Time to Talk About Money — TEDxUSFSP, April 2018
Lisa's assistance in establishing my online wholesale and retail presence was crucial for increasing the capacity of my business during a time when I had to focus on making new products. She's organized, assertive, and helps me make decisions that grow my business.
- Katie Stack, Stitch & Rivet