- Blog posts
Speaking and Consulting
- Personal finance
- Fashion and business
- Freelance writing
- Print and online products
Per-project and retainer rates available.
Have questions about freelance writing? Wondering what to do next? Struggling to turn an idea into a pitch? Thinking about starting a podcast?
Schedule a mini consultation with me. For $45, I'll review your resume, LOI, clips or pitch before we chat by video or phone for 30 minutes. Click the image above to schedule an appointment!
- Why Freelance Writers Need to Talk About Money, And How to Do It Without Feeling Like a Sleazeball — American Society of Journalists and Authors, 2018 annual conference, May 2018
- It's Time to Talk About Money — TEDxUSFSP, April 2018
Project highlights include:
- Edited The No Spend Challenge Guide, a 90+ page ebook, for a well-known personal finance blogger (2017).
- Edited Get Better Clients and Earn More Money, an ebook with more than 40 pages, while serving as managing editor of The Write Life (2016).
- Researched and wrote two multi-section reports for a ghostwriting client; resources included U.S. Census Bureau and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data, among other academic sources.
- Cowrote Starting Your Creative Business The Right Way, the ebook version of a class on how to survive as a business owner in Washington, D.C.
- Created a style guide for a Washington, D.C.-based, youth-focused nonprofit to establish branding guidelines and best practices for social media channels.
Lisa's assistance in establishing my online wholesale and retail presence was crucial for increasing the capacity of my business during a time when I had to focus on making new products. She's organized, assertive, and helps me make decisions that grow my business.
- Katie Stack, Stitch & Rivet